As much as I love nail polish I love my nails more. I want my nails not only too look good with the nail polish but to also be healthy. Today I thought I’d share some tips I have incorporated in my nail care routine for keeping my nails healthy.
- Do not bite your fingernails!
- Contrary to what many believe, do not remove your cuticles. Push them back only. Your cuticles are there for protection from bacteria and infections.
- Try not to use your nails as a tool – like when you can’t open the cat/dog food can (ugh…)
- Trim your nails and round the edges. The round edges will be less likely to break.
- Use a cuticle oil and moisturize your nails – especially in the winter months.
- ALWAYS use a base coat. Some nail polishes stain so having a base coat protects them from the staining.
- When your nail polish begins to chip away REMOVE IT. I have found that when my nail polish chips its more likely my nails will start to break too.
- Give your nails a break once in a while. I know… it’s hard to not have that pretty pink polish on but always having nail polish on can weaken your nails and dry them out.
- What you eat and drink also affects your nails. So drink lots of water and eat healthy!
- Take a nutritional supplement that contains biotin. Biotin is believed to strengthen weak nails.
I hope you found these helpful! Do you have any special routines for keeping your nails healthy and beautiful?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!
& God Bless you ♥